Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Cast your burdens..

They did it again.

Last Friday night, when I woke up from my afternoon slumber, my father told me that I was asked to sing during our Sabbath school program the next day. I didn't know what to song to sing! I browsed through my old music for a while and decided that I was going to sing "Light of the World" because it was quite easy to sing. Well, I actually haven't completely made up my mind about the song, so I ended up not practicing any song that night.

The next morning, as we were preparing to go to church, my dad asked me what song was I going to sing. "Hindi ko po alam. Duet nalang po tayo! (I don't know. Let's sing a duet!)", I replied. Then, he asked me if I knew the song "Lift up your hands". I knew the song, but didn't actually know the lyrics. So he wrote it for me. We were able to practice the whole song thrice when we got to church. To my surprise, we weren't going to sing during Sabbath school (preliminary service; the time for lesson study and small groups), but during the Divine service ("main" mass or the actual service)!! O.O Gosh. :|

Anyway, I kinda fluctuated when I sang it in front of the congregation. O.O It's all right. The message of the song is more important. Aaaaaaaanddd, it's the first time I sang a duet with my father in church! :D Next time, we'll practice more! No cramming? haha.


Here's a clip of us singing the song. I didn't put the whole song. It's just a combination of a few segments from the original clip. :)


Here's the link for "Lift up your hands" by Basil Valdez.

No comments:

Post a Comment