Saturday, May 21, 2011

Friday the 13th.


I actually didn't realize it was Friday the 13th last May 13, 2011. I guess I thought more of the impromptu speech that I was going to deliver that afternoon than what the day/date was. Sadly, thinking about it more didn't save me from delivering a "FAIL" speech. Take note of the quotation marks because I didn't really fail that midterm exam officialgrade-wise, but I didn't deliver my speech as well as I thought I could. The topic was about the implementation of a dress code in UP and it required me to defend my stand whether I approve of it or not. I was given 5 minutes to prepare for it. I decided that I was against the dress code because it prevented students from expressing themselves. "It is an expression of their individuality. Blah Blah." Unfortunately, the messy outline that I made was a speech that lasted for 2 minutes. I blanked out! I repeated a few of my points and said some verbal fillers and fortunately I went beyond the minimum time. A bit embarrassed, I got off the stage - THEN I remembered what I actually wanted to say and it ~x( me. (I couldn't think of the right word for that now. LOL.) Oh well, I guess I'm not really a good impromptu speaker. :))

After everyone delivered their speeches, we had an activity. It was an ETHOS activity and we were to arrange ourselves in a circle and pass around a paper with our creative name designs and people were going to write their comments about you. I was pretty excited for the activity because the last time I did that was in 3rd year, when I was a new student in the montessori. One of the comments I received that I never forgot was that I had my own world (May sarili kang mundo). When I got that I thought to myself, "I'm autistic?" O.O I don't mean to offend those with autism, but it was just that my highschool literature teacher used that word to refer to people who had their own world because children with autism act like they "have their own world". You know what I mean. Anyway, I wanted to see how my college classmates perceived me. So we did the activity. I didn't notice the time but I think the activity went on for 30 minutes. When I got my paper, I smiled. ACTUALLY, I laughed. :)) I couldn't believe the comments. It was sweet, funny, flattering, sweet..(infinity x). I didn't get a negative comment. Thing is, I hope all the comments they wrote were true! :)) The top comment I got was about my talent a.k.a voice. The sum of what they said about it is that I have a nice voice and I should be more confident about it. Hmm. More confident. Hmm. I'll try to be. Once I really acknowledge that I really have a nice voice. O.O *sighs* Believing comments about my singing is really hard for me. Hmm. I'll try to be. Hmm. I don't know if they know this.. but everything they told me really made me happy. It's what I needed after the fail speech. It's what I needed to know although I can't fully acknowledge till now. But I love my blockmates. :) I love my friends. I love everyone who have been there for me and believed in me. :)

So who said Friday the 13th was bad luck?

No comments:

Post a Comment